Sunday, February 22, 2015

Granola

edit4547


edit_4575


edit4587







I woke up this morning with plans of mountain adventure, brunching, and other great Sunday activities. Sadly, my car had other plans for me. My dad came to the rescue (as always), with a quick and easy fix. 
Afterwards, everyone left for lunch, but I stayed behind to catch up on some reading. I decided that granola needed to be made ASAP! What's a better Sunday snack than yogurt and granola? 

Granola

2 1/2 C rolled oats
1/2 C puffed rice 
1 C slivered almonds
1/2 C shredded coconut

1/2 C vegetable oil
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 C apple sauce
1 tsp salt

Heat oven to 350ยบ In a medium bowl mix oats, puffed rice, almonds and coconut.

In another bowl mix vegetable oil, water, honey, brown sugar, apple sauce and salt and add to oat mixture. 

Mix together and spread on sheet tray. 

Bake for 15 minutes, take out of oven and mix on tray (I used a spatula to scrape it off the tray) return to oven and bake for 12 more minutes. 

Set on cooling rack and let cool completely. Store in airtight container.

Enjoy! 







1 comment: